Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Your Keirsey Temperament Sorter Results - Personality Test

Well here is a little window into the type of person I am.  I took a 70 question test to determine my personality type.  Although I didn't pay for the details of a more specific answer, this was my general result:

GUARDIAN
Guardians are the cornerstone of society, for they are the temperament given to serving and preserving our most important social institutions. Guardians have natural talent in managing goods and services--from supervision to maintenance and supply -- and they use all their skills to keep things running smoothly in their families, communities, schools, churches, hospitals, and businesses.

Guardians can have a lot of fun with their friends, but they are quite serious about their duties and responsibilities. Guardians take pride in being dependable and trustworthy; if there's a job to be done, they can be counted on to put their shoulder to the wheel. Guardians also believe in law and order, and sometimes worry that respect for authority, even a fundamental sense of right and wrong, is being lost. Perhaps this is why Guardians honor customs and traditions so strongly -- they are familiar patterns that help bring stability to our modern, fast-paced world.

Practical and down-to-earth, Guardians believe in following the rules and cooperating with others. They are not very comfortable winging it or blazing new trails; working steadily within the system is the Guardian way, for in the long run loyalty, discipline, and teamwork get the job done right. Guardians are meticulous about schedules and have a sharp eye for proper procedures. They are cautious about change, even though they know that change can be healthy for an institution. Better to go slowly, they say, and look before you leap.

Guardians make up as much as 40 to 45 percent of the population, and a good thing, because they usually end up doing all the indispensable but thankless jobs everyone else takes for granted.

Guardians at Work

As a Guardian, you enjoy working as a valued member of a team, whether you are leading it or following a credible leader. You like to work with people who carry their weight. You appreciate having clear-cut responsibilities and being recognized for your dedication and achievements. Your natural traits are those that employers have traditionally valued - and that successful companies still respect. You are responsible and loyal to an organization once you've signed on.

In any environment, including your work place, you are usually focused on making people happy and facilitating harmonious relationships. You often lend "aid and comfort" by drawing on a combination of tradition, past experience, and the direction of established authority. In your ideal job, people would give of themselves and work toward the good of the group.

GO take the test for yourself, 70 questions with 2 choices each.  Post a comment with your results!!


Janet

27 comments:

  1. Great article! I can't wait to take this test for myself! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember taking all kinds of personality tests before. They're fun. I'll visit the link later when I have more time. Thanks for a great post! =)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll have to go check this out too. The description above sounds just like i picture you, Galla!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took it the other night and got Guardian as well...go figure lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. The description fits you to a T. I'll have to take the test later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took the Keirsey test this morning ... Guardian! Sometimes I wish I was more comfortable with "winging it or blazing new trails".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to try this again...lol...sounds like fun, tried it last night but it froze up on me...lol...that does not sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I took it and I'm an artisian: check out my blog post about it! http://nicolesjewelrycreations.blogspot.com/2011/08/personality-test-what-are-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. That doesn't sound like you at all Galla, LOL! I'll have to check it out this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your score does fit you perfectly, Janet.
    I just took it and I'm an "Idealist"! I guess I am to some extent, but I'm also a realist any many aspects. I could have answered both to some of the questions, because it depends on the situation at hand. Like I can be tender hearted but still cool headed. :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW we have LOTS of Guardians on the team. Which makes sense, I especially LOVED this last line describing a guardian:
    In your ideal job, people would give of themselves and work toward the good of the group.


    **********************
    Sounds a lot like you get what you give!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting-not sure I have time to answer 70 questions today...I've probably answered more than that to my children already. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm an Idealist. The description fits very well. Don't know about the other catagories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool, I will have to take a look at that test!
    Cindy
    http://cute-ecakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Crystal: It took all of 10 minutes to answer. But this is NOT required to do :))

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't have time to take the whole thing, but it was still interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooo I love these quizzes! Ha! I am rational :) of course.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Are we shocked that I am a guardian too???? Not one little bit shocked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It says I'm a Rational. Maybe I'm a Mastermind. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Too fun! I haven't done that in forever, I'll have to take the test

    ReplyDelete